Skip to main content


What Ii the FAFSA and how do I apply?

The FAFSA, or Free Application for Federal Student Aid, is the primary source of funding for students. Students can apply online and must reapply each year.

When should I complete the FAFSA?

The FAFSA should be submitted as soon as possible after Oct. 1st. Students are highly encouraged to complete the FAFSA as early as possible for maximum consideration of grant aid.

What information do I need to complete my FAFSA?

Current FAFSAs for school year 2021–2022 may be completed using 2019 tax returns, W-2s, driver's licenses and social security cards for both the student and the parent/spouse (if applicable). Students and parents will also have the option to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool, where tax data will be transferred from the IRS to the FAFSA.

How much financial aid can I expect?

You can create an unofficial estimate of the aid for which you may qualify using the Net Price Calculator.

When will the college determine how much aid I am eligible to receive?

Once your FAFSA is received, the Financial Aid Office will review your application. Students may be selected for verification. During verification, the College will ask for various data used to complete your FAFSA so we can confirm the data was entered correctly. Once verification has been completed, the student will receive an Award Letter. Documentation will be sent out after May 1 each year and will continue on a weekly basis.

I probably don't qualify for aid. Should I apply for aid anyway?

Yes. Many families mistakenly think they don't qualify for aid. Several sources of funding are available regardless of income.

Do I need to be admitted to the college before I can apply for financial aid?

No. You can apply for financial aid at any time after Oct. 1st for the next school year. Please be sure to include our Federal School Code on your application (030709). Award Letters will be sent only to those students admitted.

Are my parents responsible for my educational loans?

No. Federal Stafford Loans are loans that the student takes out and is responsible for repaying. Federal PLUS loans are available for parents.

When do I have to start repaying my loans?

Your lender will contact you with repayment arrangements. Typically students are given six months from the last date the student was enrolled in less than 6 credit hours before they are required to make a payment.

I got an outside scholarship. Should I report it to the financial aid office?

Yes. If you are receiving any kind of outside scholarships from any sources, you must report the scholarship to the Financial Aid Office. Other aid may be required to be adjusted.

Where can I get more information about federal student financial aid?

Visit the Federal Student Aid website. Students can learn about how to prepare for college, different types of aid available, how to qualify and apply, and how to manage student loans. Students can also contact the Financial Aid Office at the College or the federal student aid information center at 800.4.FED.AID.