ATI TEAS Information
The Assessment Technologies Institute Test of Essential Academic Skills (ATI-TEAS) is a computer-based test that is designed to assess a student's preparedness to enter the health science field. The exam takes approximately 209 minutes and includes 170 multiple-choice questions from the following content areas:
- Reading: Key ideas and details, craft and structure, integration of knowledge and ideas
- Math: Numbers and algebra, measurement and data
- Science: Human anatomy and physiology, life and physical sciences, scientific reasoning
- English: Conventions of standard English, knowledge of language, vocabulary acquisition
"Like any test you take, studying beforehand will boost your chances for success. But, approximately 40% of students have to take the TEAS more than once, so prepping for the TEAS isn't just helpful—it's crucial." —ATI Required Scores
- Associate of Arts 54%
- Certificate in Surgical Technology 54%
- AAS in Surgical Technology 58.7%
- AAS in Radiologic Technology 58.7%
- AAS in Nursing 70% overall with a 45% in science
Note: Test scores will only be considered for admission if they are within 2 years old.
The College currently offers test prep courses in English and science to help students prepare for the TEAS. These courses are self-paced and include three months of access to online content and instructional assistance. More information about these courses and instructions on how to enroll can be found on the Test Prep Application.
ATI offers several products to help students prepare for the TEAS. Students can access these products at ATI TEAS Prep.
Additional resources that may help students review on their own can be found below:
The TEAS is offered locally at the Cape Girardeau Career and Technology Center. Students can register to take the exam by calling the CTC’s testing center at 573.334.0826 ext. 6507.
Students can also opt to take the TEAS exam online through ATI. The cost is $115. To register, students should follow the prompts at atitesting.com/teas/register to create an account and register for "TEAS at ATI," then make the following selections:
- Program Type: ATI Remote Proctor – Allied Health
- Available Institutions: Southeast MO Hospital AH
Students who register for this online remote proctored exam should make sure they meet the technical requirements prior to registering.
Students who do not obtain the required score on one or more parts of the exam may retest. Students must wait 30 days between test dates and will be allowed to test three times per year (beginning on the date of their first exam).