Medical Lab Science
The Medical Laboratory Science program is a one-year certificate program that allows new students to prepare for a career in laboratory science. Upon successful completion, graduates will be eligible to apply for admission to the nationally recognized certification exam administered by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP).
Upon successful completion of the program, graduates are eligible to take a national certifying examination. The graduate may choose from several national examinations that credential medical laboratory scientists.
The following eligibility requirements must be met before the Admission Committee will review the application file:
- Clearance on various background checks
- Completion of a bachelor's degree or enrollment in a medical laboratory program at one of our affiliated schools
- Minimum overall GPA of 2.50 on a 4.00 scale and a minimum science GPA of 2.50 in college-level courses
- Completion of 18 semester hours of biology including Microbiology, Immunology and Human Physiology
- Completion of 18 semester hours of chemistry including Chemistry I, Chemistry II and Organic Chemistry.
These are minimum admission criteria and do not guarantee admission to the program. Students are completely responsible for ensuring that they have met all criteria for admission. No applicant will be considered for admission until all eligibility criteria have been met and all eligibility paperwork is complete.
|Lic/Cert Pass Rate||80%||88%||80%||86%||83%||83%|