- Medical Laboratory Science Licensure
- Medical Laboratory by State Requirements
- Board of Nursing Professional Licensure Requirements
- Associate of Applied Science in Nursing by State Requirements
- Radiologic Technologist Requirements by State
- Radiologic Technologist by State Requirements
- The Association of Surgical Technologists (AST) Educational and Clinical Competency Requirements
- Surgical Technology by State Requirements
Student Right to Know
- Associate of Applied Science in Nursing
- Associate of Applied Science in Radiologic Technology
- Certificate in Medical Laboratory Science
- Certificate in Surgical Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
Loans included in the Cohort Default Rate entered into repayment during the FY 2017 period that includes Oct. 1, 2016 through Sept. 30, 2017, and defaulted by Sept. 30, 2019.
- 2014: 6.7%
- 2015: 1.1%
- 2016: 6.0%
- 2017: 2.3%
Business hours are Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m., and after hours by appointment.
Please contact a member of our staff to schedule an appointment.
The College Navigator website is available to students looking for comparative data among schools. This site provides general school information, cost, financial aid and other statistics.
General Institution Information
SoutheastHEALTH College of Nursing & Health Sciences is committed to resolving student complaints in a prompt and fair manner. The College works diligently to find positive resolutions to all student concerns. Please try to exhaust all avenues of complaint resolution before going outside the College.
If you have a complaint that you would like addressed, please follow the process outlined here:
Questions regarding the complaint process should be directed to Dean of Student Affairs and General Education Dedria Blakely at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also contact the Higher Learning Commission when seeking a resolution.
SoutheastHEALTH College of Nursing and Health Sciences provides an accessible and supportive environment for students with disabilities. To review our full policy, please see our College Handbook.
If a qualified student with a disability believes an academic adjustment is necessary, the student should immediately contact the disability officer at 573.334.6825 ext. 2239, email@example.com or by mail at 2001 William St., Cape Girardeau, MO 63703, Attn: Disability Officer.
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) affords eligible students certain rights with respect to their education records. (An "eligible student" under FERPA is a student who is 18 years of age or older or who attends a postsecondary institution at any age.) Please check out our College Handbook for more information on FERPA.
Educational programming for Constitution Day is provided in the Commons Area each year on Sept. 17 or the following week if Constitution Day falls on a weekend.
Missouri residents can register to vote at a variety of locations, by mail and online. The Missouri Secretary of State website has applications and information available at sos.mo.gov/elections/goVoteMissouri/register.
Illinois residents can register to vote online. The Illinois State Board of Elections has information on their website hova.elections.il.gov.
Student Aid Portion Quarterly Public Reporting Requirements
- CARES Act Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund Disclosure Statement - 3/12/21 corrected
- CARES Act Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund Disclosure Statement - 3/12/21
- CARES Act Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund Disclosure Statement - 12/28/20 corrected
- CARES Act Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund Disclosure Statement - 12/28/20
- CARES Act Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund Disclosure Statement - 11/20/20
- CARES Act Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund Disclosure Statement - 10/09/20
- CARES Act Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund Disclosure Statement - 7/29/20
- CARES Act Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund Disclosure Statement - 5/15/20
Quarterly Budget and Expenditure Reporting Requirements
The Net Price Calculator will estimate the cost of education per year for full-time attendance at this school. Find our more regarding program cost estimates as these will vary.
Public Safety, Health and Security
2001 William St.
Cape Girardeau, MO 63703
- Southeast Missouri Hospital School of Nursing opened in 1928 when the hospital opened.
- The School of Nursing transitioned to the College of Nursing in 1995.
- In 1999, the College's name changed to Southeast Missouri Hospital College of Nursing & Health Sciences when the surgical technology program was opened.
- The Higher Learning Commission College awarded initial accreditation in May 2005.
To respond to the healthcare educational needs of the region by preparing qualified healthcare professionals.
The College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. The College's academic programs are accredited by specialized accreditors. See all accreditations.
Regionally accredited private, not-for-profit, co-educational college offering degrees in nursing and health sciences.
Admissions are rolling. An admission decision is made once all application materials have been received.
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Radiology Technology
- Registered Nursing
- Surgical Technology
- Certificate (Surgical Technology, Medical Laboratory Science)
- Associate of Arts
- Associate of Applied Science (Nursing, Radiologic Technology)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Employment rates within six months of graduation
- 100% of the College's 2015, 2016, and 2017 graduates were employed within six months of graduation.
- According to the 2018 College Scorecard, the median salary of the College's graduates 10 years after entering the College was $49,300.
- Fall 2018: 175
- 40% full-time; 60% part-time
Age of Students
- Fall 2018 average age: 27
Fall 2018 average tuition and fees per semester:
- Nursing: $4,839.45
- Radiologic Technology: $4,985
- Surgical Technology: $8,261.60
- Medical Laboratory Science: $8,468.40
- Associate of Arts: $1,729.50
Students Receiving One or More Forms of Financial Aid
- Fall 2018: 71% of students received at least one form of financial aid
- 2017: $18,750 compared to average student loan debt of $39,400 for all U.S. college graduates in 2017
Average Loan Default Rate
- 1.1% of SoutheastHEALTH College of Nursing & Health Sciences student borrowers who entered loan repayment in 2015 had defaulted within three years. (Compared to a national average of 10.8%)
Faculty and Staff
- 14 full-time faculty
- 8 full-time staff
- 8 full-time administrators
- About 8.4:1
Class size varies by program. The medical laboratory science, radiologic technology, and surgical technology classes typically have 8-12 students in each course. The RN to BSN program class size is 5-10 students. The pre-licensure (Associate of Applied Science) courses generally enroll 15-30 students. Generally, class size varies greatly, depending on the course but rarely exceeds 25 students.
The College offers students, faculty and staff a safe environment to teach and learn. See the safety section.
All students are members of the SoutheastHEALTH College Student Council.
Phi Theta Kappa is an international honor society of two-year colleges. The mission of Phi Theta Kappa is to recognize academic achievement of college students and to provide opportunities for them to grow as scholars and leaders.
All nursing students are strongly encouraged to join the Student Nurses Association.
The College has 1,540 graduates.