Eligibility Requirements for Surgical Technology
To complete the application process for the Surgical Technology program, an interested person should submit:
- A completed application with a $100 nonrefundable application fee
- Official high school transcript with minimum graduate grade point average of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale or GED
- Official transcripts from all college or university courses previously taken with a minimum GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Record of immunizations including measles, rubella, mumps, pertussis, chicken pox, diphtheria/tetanus, hepatitis B and polio
- 2 completed reference forms
- Official ACT report (if out of high school less than 5 years) or COMPASS exam (if out of high school more than 5 years)
- Completed form stating the individual meets the technical abilities and skill requirements of the Surgical Technology Program
- Criminal Background Check returned from the state of residence and clearance shown on the Division of Aging Disqualification list (EDL)
- Applicants are required to satisfactorily complete a physical examination and health history. In addition, an admission drug screening is required and may be followed by random drug screening
These are minimum admission criteria and do not guarantee admission to the program. Students are completely responsible for ensuring that they have met all criteria for admission. No applicant will be considered for admission until all admission criteria have been met and all admission paper work is complete.
An applicant is required to satisfactorily complete a physical examination and health history as well as meet health criteria for clinical practice before beginning College classes. In addition, an admission drug screening is required and may be followed by random drug screening.
Click below to read PDF about
Technical Abilities and Skills Required for the Surgical Technology Program