Associate of Applied Science Degree in Radiologic Technology
Welcome to the Radiologic Technology curriculum at Southeast Missouri Hospital College of Nursing and Health Sciences. The Radiologic Technology Program is a two-year associate program which allows new students to start the cycle of classes each summer pre-session. Upon successful completion of the program, graduates will be eligible to apply for admission to the nationally recognized certification exam administered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (AART).
The Radiography Faculty prescribes to the philosophy of the Southeast Hospital College of Nursing and Health Sciences, and further believes that:
- The fundamental aim of this program is to develop professional skills that will provide opportunities for any successful former student to seek employment as a radiographer. These skills shall include:
- Critical thinking and problem solving.
- Team Building.
- Professional growth through continuing education.
- Learning is based upon:
- Motivation, self-direction, attitude, and experience.
- Involvement in clinical experiences in various Radiology departments.
- An atmosphere that promotes freedom of thought and expression and encourages communication, initiative, and self-respect.
Program Mission Statement
The mission of Southeast Missouri Hospital College of Nursing and Health Sciences Radiography Program is to graduate students with entry-level employment skills to perform diagnostic medical radiography.
Program goals are the measureable goals that flow from the program’s mission statement. The Radiologic Technology program initiatives have been established for the current academic year. Because all program goals are ultimately to provide a better educational experience for our students, the program faculty would like to share these goals with your, our students:
- Students will be clinically competent
- Graduates will effectively use problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Graduates will be effective communicators
- The student will develop professionally (revised 2012 with the cooperation of the JRCERT)