Eligibility Requirements for Radiologic Technology
To complete the application process for the Associate of Applied Science Radiologic Technology Degree program, an interested person should submit:
- A completed application with a $100 nonrefundable application fee
- An official high school transcript or equivalent
- Any college or university transcripts
- A record of current immunizations including measles, mumps, rubella, diphtheria, tetanus, chicken pox, and oral polio
- A minimum composite ACT score of 21 or SAT of 950, if the applicant is within five years of high school graduation, or a comparable COMPASS score for all other applications.
- The applicant must be able to meet the "Physical Abilities" of the Radiologic Technology Program (see catalog).
- The applicant must submit to a criminal background check and achieve clearance on the Division of Aging Employee Disqualification List (EDL).
- The applicant is required to satisfactorily complete a physical examination & health history as well as meet specific health criteria prior to beginning college classes. In addition, an admission drug screening is required and may be followed by random drug screening.
These are minimum admission criteria and do not guarantee admission to the program. Students are completely responsible for ensuring that they have met all criteria for admission. No applicant will be considered for admission until all admission criteria have been met and all admission paperwork is complete.
* Note: A student who has been convicted or charged with a felony or misdemeanor may have violated the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) Rules of Ethics and may be considered ineligible to sit for board examination. An individual may submit a pre-application to the ARRT at 651/687-0048 at anytime before or after entry into an approved educational program for screening purposes.
Southeast Hospital College of Nursing and Health Sciences is committed to equal opportunity and does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, ethnic origin, marital status, sexual preference, creed, or disability in administration of its educational policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs and other school-administered programs.
Standard and Functional Abilities Required for Radiologic Technologists