Radiologic Technology Program
Radiologic technologists, or radiographers, perform specialized functions as members of the health care team.
Upon completion of the program, graduates have met the educational requirements necessary to be eligible to take the national radiography certification examination offered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) (R).
This program is accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT), 20 N. Wacker Drive, Suite 2850, Chicago, IL.
Radiologic Technologist duties include:
- manipulation of specific anatomy to optimal radiographic position
- proper selection of appropriate technical factors for image production
- utilization of very high-tech imaging equipment to obtain diagnostic information as directed
- effective communication with individuals of all age groups
- protection of patients and colleagues from unnecessary radiation exposure
- functioning effectively with other members of the health care team to promote patient safety and comfort
- prioritization of effective patient flow