Associate Degree Nursing Program
The two-year registered nursing program awards an associate of applied science in nursing degree.
The Nursing Program is fully approved by the Missouri State Board of Nursing. The Nursing Program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta GA 30326, Phone – 404-975.5000, Fax – 404-975-5020
A registered nurse performs many duties as a member of the health care team. These duties include:
- assessing a patient’s condition
- identifying patient problems or needs
- working with the patient, family, physician, and other health care team members in planning patient care,
- providing treatments for patients as well as teaching patients and families to provide care
- evaluating treatment plans to determine if additional treatment is needed.
Upon completion of the program, graduates have met the educational requirements necessary to be eligible to take the national examination for registered nurse licensure, the NCLEX-RN.
Students may choose to attend the traditional nursing track that offers classes primarily during daytime hours with some evenings or weekends, or they may choose the evening/weekend track which is exclusively evenings and weekends.